<$BlogRSDUrl$>

5.15.2004

a quick, technical update 

well, through a sort of downgrade, it appears that this site will get to continue. my now deceased '97 mac will soon be replaced by my dad's old PC. my dad was very sweet and erased a hundred billion tax programing files (he's an accountant-- making my existence a bit more mysterious... huh huh), so despite its "vintage status," i believe it'll work out ok. at the moment, i'm dog sitting for ma and pa, so i'm on a far fancier computer. to make this post a tiny bit more exciting here are 6 good movies with warren oates in them. i watched peter fonda's the hired hand this week-- which is ok (more on that later, perhaps)-- and came to terms with the fact that oates is one of my all time favorite actors...

(no chronological order, but the ones in bold are essential)

the wild bunch

two lane blacktop

dillinger

bring me the head of alfredo garcia: this one is tricky, because it's essential as a warren oates flick, but maybe not as completely essential overall. an interesting anomaly.

cockfighter

badlands

more later, friends...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?