<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.03.2004

loneliness and lust in the literary personals 

as someone now immersed in a romance that has the computer as its initial catalyst, i beg you to read this hilarious article about personal ads in literary journals (**side note: my romance is NOT the result of a personal ad, thank you very much**). sort of a humorous sociological study on brainy types who want to get with other brainy types. read the whole thing. i laughed out loud about five times. here's a taste of what the ads are like:

"Before I turn 67 - next March - I would like to have lots of sex with a man I like. If you want to talk first, Trollope works for me."

this post is dedicated to anyone who ever felt a little weird about all the time they spend on friendster.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?